Rodeo Weekend Ain't What It Used to Be...


I remember rodeo weekend as being so much...bigger.  When I was a kid everyone made a big deal about rodeo weekend.

All the stores on Main Street would decorate their businesses with cowboy themed things. Some stores would put up wooden fronts or wooden decor inside.  Everyone would dress in Western garb - plain shirts, cowboy boots, cowboy hats.

I remember going into the TD Bank where my mom used to work and it would have a complete overhaul.  There would be hay bales in the corners with scarecrows on them and the girls would all look like cowgirls (my mom was one of those girls back then).

It was such a big thing.

What happened?

Now, the rodeo weekend comes.  People show up for the parade but its not the big thing I remember as a kid. There will be lots of people on the rodeo grounds but not the crowds I remember.

What do you remember from rodeo when you were a kid?