Be the Change You Wish to See


When you talk about Swan Valley with others what do you hear?

Is it positive?  Or negative? Or is it constructive? Because there is a big difference between constructive and negative, isn't there?

I think that a lot of the time it is just easier to be negative.  And we all do it. Anyone who says they haven't had a good rant about Swan River is likely forgetting about it.

Sometimes a good rant can be good. It can get you powered up to take action. But if you're just ranting without purpose it doesn't do much for anyone does it?

I would like to challenge each and every person to do something to change what they don't like about the town. Figure out what one thing is that you don't like about the town and could change. Or could  be a positive influence for change.

Personally, I'd like to look into what options there are for young parents.  Are there any groups for young parents - moms and dads - that they could go to where they could talk about the problems that they encounter?  Where they could get advice on raising kids, managing their money, getting legal advice, finding housing, and stuff like that?  If there is, I haven't heard of one.

Or how about a youth group for young people that would help them better their lives?  Stay in school? Find help for dealing with life?

I don't know.  I'm kind of rambling at this point.  I just want to do something.   I'm going to make it a goal to find some sort of way that I can get involved in helping the youth of Swan River - the ones that don't have the best family supports.

What about you? What would you like to do?